Beverly D. Flaxington, two-time bestselling and Gold-award winning author, is an accomplished consultant, hypnotherapist, personal and career coach, author, college professor, corporate trainer, facilitator, behavioral expert, entrepreneur and business development expert.
Beverly’s knowledge of human behavior and the most effective ways to make change happen have helped thousands of people and hundreds of organizations over the years. She is recognized as a confidence coach and work relationship “doctor” by many.
Bev co-founded The Collaborative in 1995, a sales and marketing consultancy. The firm provides strategic and tactical support to help client firms, and individuals, reach higher levels of effectiveness and meet their goals. The Collaborative specializes in delivering effective coaching, training and proprietary consulting services. In 2008, the firm launched a new online portal, AdvisorsTrustedAdvisor.com (ATA) to meet the specific needs of independent investment advisors and wealth managers.
She is a frequent speaker and contributor to articles on the subjects of sales, marketing, behavioral issues, employee and career issues, effective time management and dealing with difficult people.
Beverly is an adjunct professor at Suffolk University. She teaches “Leadership and Social Responsibility”, a required course where Make the SHIFT is a required text. Beverly is a Certified Hypnotist, Certified Hypnosis Trainer, Reiki Master Attunement Practitioner, Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst (CPBA) and Certified Professional Values Analyst (CPVA). She uses the DISC and PIAV tools frequently in her work with individuals and organizations.
Beverly authored the bestselling and Gold-award winning Understanding Other People: The Five Secrets to Human Behavior. She authored the bestselling Make Your Shift: The Five Most Powerful Moves You Can Make to Get Where YOU Want to Go. The business companion is Make the Shift: The Proven Five-Step Plan to Success for Corporate Teams. She also authored The 7 Steps to Effective Business Building for Financial Advisors: How top earning advisors attract and retain the most profitable clients and the companion Workbook for this program. The 7 Steps program was selected by the Financial Planning Association and is available in their online store at a member discount.
Bev has appeared on:
- Lifetime Television
- WVOL 1470 AM, Nashville, TN - “Differences” with Deniece Barnes
- WEUS 810 AM, Orlando, FL - “The Shannon Burke Show”
- WFSX 92.5 FM Fox News Radio, Ft. Meyers-Naples, FL - with Doug Kellett
- KKZZ 1400 AM, Ventura, CA - with Billy Frank aka Billy The Brain
- WBT 1110 AM/99.3 FM, Charlotte, NC - “Morning News Weekend” with Don Russell
- CRN (Cable Radio Network) - “The Talk Back Show with Chuck Wilder”
- KAHI 950 AM, Auburn/Sacramento, CA - KAHI Noon News with Dave Rosenthal
- KBIQ Q102.7 FM, Colorado Springs, CO - with Megan Goodyear
- WCUB 980 AM/WLTU 92.1 FM, Multiple Cities, WI - “The Breakfast Club” with Dean & Bryan
- KAHI 950 AM, Auburn/Sacramento, CA - “PoppOff” with Mary Jane Popp
- WINA 1070 AM, Charlottesville, VA - “The Schilling Show” with Rob Schilling
- KPCW 91.9 FM, Park City, UT - with Larry Warren
- CRN (Cable Radio Network) - "The Gary Baumgarten Report"
- WONC 89.1 FM, Naperville, IL - “Newsmakers”
- CVBT (Central Valley Business Times) - with Doug Caldwell
- WCHE 1520 AM, West Chester, PA - “The WCHE Wake Up Call” with Matt Lombardo
- KRLD, Dallas, TX - with Bonnie Petrie and Dave Rancken
- Internet Voices radio - “Passionate Internet Voices Radio” with Lillian Caldwell; Interview with Debra Borchardt
Articles have been written about her and her views by:
- The Wall Street Journal
- U.S. News and World Report
- Bella English of The Boston Globe
- Readers Digest
- Selling Power Magazine
- SheKnows.com with Michele Borboa
- Opposing Views.com with Mike McNulty
After more than 25 years of working with people in corporate settings, hypnosis settings, individual career and goal settings, in the university setting and in my personal life as mom and friend to many, I found myself saying the same things over and over again in my quest to help people get along more effectively.
I realized that on many occasions a person simply didn’t understand what was happening with another person trying to communicate with them. I heard about “difficult people” and “frustrating relationships” and yet, objectively, I could see some of the underlying issues that were causing breakdowns in the communication process. It was so clear to me, but always seemed so hard for others to “see clearly” what was happening.
I knew having this material available, and easy-to-access and understand would serve a need. My desire was to put all of the important information in one place, but do it in under 100 pages so that anyone could pick up the book and read it cover-to-cover in little time without feeling intimidated. The information requires a thoughtful approach so I wanted a resource for the reader to be able to go back and sample sections over time.